StumbleUpon Expands National Sales Team to Meet Native Advertising and Content Marketing Demand
Publishers and brands see growth in referral traffic from StumbleUpon
February 19, 2014 --
SAN FRANCISCO and NEW YORK, Feb. 19, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Today, StumbleUpon the largest online content discovery platform - announced that it has expanded its national sales team to build upon current advertising products and tools. Already a leader in native advertising and content distribution, the company's advertising platform is built into the stumbling experience, serving over 125 million brand and publisher sponsored placements per month.
According to 2013 fourth quarter data from Shareaholic's Social Media Traffic Report, StumbleUpon accounted for more publisher traffic than Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google combined. More than 100,000 brands, publishers and other marketers use StumbleUpon's Advertising and Content Distribution Platform to tell their stories and promote their products and services across desktop and mobile devices.
"The expansion of the StumbleUpon sales team reflects the increased demand for native advertising and targeted, reliable content distribution channels," said Teal Newland, Vice President, Global Revenue and Marketing at StumbleUpon. "I am excited to welcome our new appointments to StumbleUpon and am looking forward to working with the top sales force in the field."
StumbleUpon has expanded its national sales team across the United States to include:
- Anthony Napolitano: A three + year veteran with StumbleUpon, is now leading the national advertising sales team from their downtown New York office.
- Jean Genzano, previously at StumbleUpon New York, is leading the Southeast territory out of Philadelphia, with a focus on Consumer Packaged Goods, healthcare, and digital agencies in the region.
- Shoba Subramanian joins the team in Chicago as the Midwest Sales Director, where she will be working to introduce StumbleUpon's content distribution platform to the region which also includes Detroit and Canada.
- Stacy Wormser is now leading StumbleUpon's offering in Southern California and Texas where she is building the company's native advertising offering for major entertainment and automotive clients.
- Brian Bravo is leading Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, with major accounts including Telco, Retail, and Quick Service restaurants.
- Joanne Kapp and Janelle Sterling both join StumbleUpon's largest sales and business development office in New York. They are charged with major media holding company engagement as well as publisher relationships.
StumbleUpon is the easiest way to discover new and interesting things from across the Web. More than 30 million people turn to StumbleUpon to be informed, entertained and surprised by content and information recommended just for them. In addition, more than 100,000 brands, publishers and other marketers have used StumbleUpon's Advertising Platform to tell their stories and promote their products and services. Explore more at www.stumbleupon.com.
For media inquiries, please contact Jennifer Spector at email@example.com or 212.539.3299.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved